Last Updated: August 18, 2021
2021 LOWERMYBILLS CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF FIFTY UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
ONE GRAND PRIZE: $100.00 Digital VISA Gift Card
APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE: $100.00 (actual retail value may vary).
WINNER SELECTION – ONE WINNER WILL BE SELECTED FROM ALL ELIGIBLE ENTRIES WITH GUESSES MADE CLOSEST TO THE ACTUAL AMOUNT BETWEEN AUGUST 23, 2021 AND SEPTEMBER 6, 2021 (“CONTEST TERM”).
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Beginning at 10:00:00 AM Pacific Time, AUGUST 23, 2021 and ending on 10:00:00 AM Pacific Time, SEPTEMBER 6, 2021, you can enter the LOWERMYBILLS contest (the “Contest”) by visiting the LowerMyBills TikTok page at https://www.tiktok.com/@lowermybills?lang=enand following the links and instructions on the LowerMyBills TikTok account to enter the Contest. Winner will be selected from all eligible entries received before 10:00:00 AM Pacific Time SEPTEMBER 6, 2021. The Contest is sponsored by LMB Opco, LLC, dba LowerMyBills, 4859 W Slauson Ave, #405, Los Angeles, CA 90056 (“Sponsor”, “Administrator”). The Contest is subject to these Official Rules. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of LowerMyBills, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
To enter the Contest, follow the instructions on the designated LowerMyBills Contest TikTok post on https://www.TikTok.com/LowerMyBills/?hl=en. Any method of entry other than what is listed on https://www.TikTok.com/LowerMyBills/?hl=en pertaining to the LowerMyBills Contest is void and will not be honored. Only one entry per TikTok account or person is allowed. If multiple entries are received from the same TikTok account, or person, LowerMyBills reserves the right to disqualify all entries except the first entry received from that TikTok account holder, or person. No mechanically or electronically reproduced entries are allowed. The use of automatic devices for entry is not valid and may result in disqualification. You must complete and submit all required information to be eligible to enter to win. LowerMyBills is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches or for incomplete illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries, which will be voided and disqualified. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized TikTok account holder submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the TikTok account by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning the TikTok account. All entries submitted become the sole property of LowerMyBills and will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by LowerMyBills. The Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Contest. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the registered user of an account. Entries specifying an invalid, fraudulent, non-working or TikTok account may be disqualified and ineligible to win. Entries must be received no later than 09:59:59 AM Pacific Time SEPTEMBER 6, 2021 in order to be eligible for a chance to win.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry, who have read and agreed to these Official Rules and abide by the contest rules provided in the specified Contest TikTok post on https://www.TikTok.com/LowerMyBills/?hl=en. Employees, officers and directors (including their families and persons residing in the same household) of LowerMyBills and its respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, promotional agencies, independent contractors, program suppliers and advertising agencies are ineligible to enter or win the Contest (such persons, collectively, “Ineligible Parties”). The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. LowerMyBills reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any entrant. LowerMyBills cannot accurately predict the number of contestants who will participate in the Contest.
- RESTRICTIONS: LowerMyBills and its respective parent organizations, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, employees, promotional agencies or independent contractors (the “Contest Entities”) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, incorrectly addressed, incomplete, undeliverable or destroyed entries, or for any: (i) hardware or software failures of any kind, (ii) lost or unavailable network connections, (iii) failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, (iv) typographical or system errors and failures, (v) faulty transmissions, or (vi) problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, or computer equipment. The Contest Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Contest, including, but not limited to, errors in the printing or posting of the offer or Official Rules, the selection and announcement of any potential winner, or the distribution of any prize. In addition, the Contest Entities are not responsible for any entry not received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, or at any website participating in the Contest, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury (including personal injury) or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s personal property (e.g., computer) related to or resulting from playing the Contest (or downloading any material for the Contest) or other telecommunication malfunctions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate. LowerMyBills may prohibit you from participating in the Contest or winning a prize, if, in its sole discretion, LowerMyBills determines that you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, engaging in deception or other unfair playing practices, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other players or representatives of the Contest Entities. If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason including, without limitation, a lack of adequate funds, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of LowerMyBills, that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, LowerMyBills reserves the right at their sole discretion to void any suspect entries and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest without prior notice or obligation to any entrant or other third party. In the event the Contest is suspended, terminated or canceled, a potential winner may be randomly selected from all eligible entries received up to the date of such suspension, termination or cancellation. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST (INCLUDING WWW.LOWERMYBILLS.COMOR https://www.TikTok.com/LowerMyBills/?hl=enOR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, LOWERMYBILLS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Entrants are required to provide truthful information and LowerMyBills will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. LowerMyBills reserves the right to disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and LowerMyBills will also delete any entry knowingly received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: All qualifying entries in the Contest will be reviewed by LowerMyBills. One (1) potential winner, pending verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules (referred to as the “Grand Prize Winner”) and the contest rules as posted on the LowerMyBills TikTok page,will be selected by LowerMyBills on or around SEPTEMBER 6, 2021 from all eligible entries received. The decisions of LowerMyBills are final and binding in all respects. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified pursuant to the winner notification conditions below. In the event that LowerMyBills decides to offer a future contest or tie-breaker, said future contest or tie-breaker may be significantly more difficult than the initial Contest. If a tie remains after the completion of the last tie-breaker, LowerMyBills shall select one Grand Prize Winner from all eligible entries to the last tie-breaker, according to the terms herein. If LowerMyBills is unable to contact a potential Grand Prize Winner after a reasonable effort has been made during two (2) business days from the first notification attempt, or any prize notification is returned as undelivered, such Grand Prize Winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner selected by LowerMyBills (and an alternate to the alternate as many times as may be necessary). The prize will be awarded subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the Contest rules as posted on the LowerMyBills TikTok page and as long as all qualifications relating to the Contest are met. The Grand Prize Winner will be selected by LowerMyBills. This is a national multi-market contest in which all entrants will compete with other entrants, throughout the United States, during the time period of the Contest. Only one prize per household or family.
- PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a $100.00 Digital VISA Gift Card. ARV $100.00. Actual retail value may vary. All other expenses including, without limitation, federal, state and local taxes and incidental expenses, shall be the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. The prize cannot be redeemed for cash value, cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion and cannot be transferred. No substitution or transfer of prize is permitted except that LowerMyBills reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the offered prize is unavailable.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION; CONDITIONS: The potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified by phone, e-mail or TikTok direct message. By entering the Contest, entrants agree they meet the eligibility requirements stated in these Official Rules and they are not an Ineligible Party as that term is defined in Section 2 of these Official Rules. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, and where lawful, a publicity release, without further consideration, provided by LowerMyBills within two (2) days of notification and may be required, at LowerMyBills’s discretion, to complete and sign other forms pertaining to the Contest before the prize is awarded. In the event any such forms are not received within the specified time period, LowerMyBills reserves the right to choose an alternate Grand Prize Winner by random selection. The affidavit of eligibility and liability, travel and publicity releases serve to, among other things, confirm eligibility and release the Contest Entities from any and all harm, injury or liability of any kind that may result in connection with participation in the Contest, the acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the prize or any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize. If the Grand Prize Winner is deemed a minor in his/her state of residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Contest will receive an IRS Form 1099 from LowerMyBills for the calendar year in which the prize(s) is awarded and a copy of such form will be filed by LowerMyBills with the IRS. All federal, state, and local taxes and any expenses not expressly provided for in these Official Rules are solely the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Except where prohibited by law, the Grand Prize Winner’s entry and acceptance of the prize constitutes Grand Prize Winner’s permission to the Contest Entities to use the Grand Prize Winner’s names, photographs, likenesses, statements, biographical information, voices, and addresses (city and state) for advertising and promotional purposes worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation and is deemed a certification that such entrant meets the eligibility requirements of the Contest as listed in these Official Rules and is not an Ineligible Party. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANTS RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE CONTEST ENTITIES FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY OR ANY INJURIES, LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE WON. Entrants agree that all entries become the property of the Contest Entities and none will be acknowledged or returned. The Contest Entities and their designees shall have the perpetual, worldwide right to edit, publish, and use the Contest entries in any way and in any media for trade, advertising, promotional, and/or other purposes as LowerMyBills and its designees may determine without further consideration to entrants or any third party.
- BINDING NATURE OF OFFICIAL RULES; WAIVER OF CLAIM OF AMBIGUITY: The Contest are subject to these Official Rules and the Contest rules as posted on the LowerMyBills TikTok page. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. LowerMyBills reserves the right to modify these Official Rules and the Contest rules on the LowerMyBills TikTok page for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Contest Entities, any competition or prize-related event is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Contest Entities reserve the right to cancel or modify the Contest.
- HOLD HARMLESS; CONTEST PROVIDED “AS IS”. THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER, TRAVEL COMPANION AND ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE CONTEST ENTITIES SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR, AND EACH GRAND PRIZE WINNER AND ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE CONTEST ENTITIES AND TIKTOK FROM, LOSSES, DAMAGES, OR INJURIES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST OR CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE ACCEPTANCE/POSSESSION AND/OR USE/MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AND/OR ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO ENTRANT’S OR THIRD PERSON’S PROPERTY RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM ANY ENTRY, PRIZE OR ANY PART OF THE CONTEST. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT CONTEST ENTITIES AND TIKTOK WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND THAT ENTRANT SHALL HOLD CONTEST ENTITIES AND TIKTOK HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT CONTEST ENTITIES AND TIKTOK WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER OR NOT FORESEEABLE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF INTERNET WEBSITES USED IN THE CONTEST (LOWERMYBILLS.COM OR https://www.TikTok.com/LowerMyBills/?hl=enOR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE AFOREMENTIONED SITES.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THE CONTEST, INCLUDING ANY WEBSITES USED IN CONNECTION THEREWITH AND ANY PRIZE AWARDED HEREUNDER, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED BY THE CONTEST ENTITIES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- Grand Prize Winner’s name will be posted on https://www.TikTok.com/LowerMyBills/?hl=en on or around SEPTEMBER 6, 2021. For the name of the Grand Prize Winner or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to “Winner” or “Official Rules” (specify which) c/o LowerMyBills Contest 2021, 4859 W Slauson Ave, #405, Los Angeles, CA 90056. All such requests must be received by SEPTEMBER 16, 2021 to receive a response. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, TikTok.